16 November 2020
Carey Olsen Starting Point Employment Law Guide: Jersey Employment Law
Carey Olsen Starting Point Guides are intended as a general introduction and guide to different aspects of Jersey employment law.
They are a summary of the most important issues that we come across. It is very much the edited highlights of those issues. If you would like legal advice in relation to any specific circumstances, please do give us a call.
This Starting Point Guide provides a brief overview of Jersey employment law.
The key points addressed are:
- The sources where the duties of Jersey employers and employees derive from
- The Employment (Jersey) Law 2003 (The "Employment Law")
- Other employment issues to be aware of
- The Control of Housing and Work (Jersey) Law 2012
- Employing people - summary of initial requirements
- Collective issues
To read about these in more detail, please download our PDF.