David has worked on a number of high profile transactions during his career in respect of UK and cross-border M&A, IPOs and private equity transactions. He has a particular focus at Carey Olsen on corporate finance (particularly AIM and main market listings of Jersey companies), mergers and acquisitions and general corporate advice. David also has particular expertise in relation to large M&A transactions conducted via Jersey schemes of arrangement.
David is rated as a Leading Lawyer - Rising star in IFLR1000 2019.
Experience includes advising:
- Sanne Group plc on its successful listing on the main board of the London Stock Exchange;
- advising on the sale of FRM to Man Group which was achieved by way of a Jersey scheme of arrangement;
- advising on the sale of CPA Global to Cinven which was achieved by way of a Jersey scheme of arrangement;
- West China Cement Limited on its listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange;
- Delphi Automotive plc on its listing on the New York Stock Exchange; and
- XLMedia plc on its listing on AIM.
Prior to joining Carey Olsen in 2009, David trained and practised corporate law with an emphasis on private equity and M&A at the London office of the international law firm Weil, Gotshal & Manges. David is a Jersey advocate and was called to the Jersey bar in December 2014.Recent Briefings