Julia is a senior associate in the dispute resolution and litigation team in Guernsey, where she specialises in complex trust and insolvency matters. She also has extensive experience in cross-border contractual disputes, including civil fraud actions, freezing orders and asset tracing, as well as high value art litigation.
Most recently, Julia's trust work has included:
- A claim for £180 million brought against trust assets by the joint liquidators of the trust's underlying companies
- An action in damages for gross negligence against the former corporate trustee of an insolvent trust structure
- Representing a corporate trustee seeking Public Trustee v Cooper "type two" guidance from the Court to distribute several millions of Pounds of trust assets
- Successfully acting for the discretionary beneficiary of a Guernsey trust to remove the protector and replace the overseas-based trustees
- Acting for the corporate trustee and the overseas settlor of a Guernsey-based trust to seek the rectification of trust instruments drawn up by foreign lawyers, which nominated an incorrect beneficiary
Julia has also acted for joint liquidators in several claims of gross negligence made against the former corporate directors of Guernsey companies.
Julia is a member of INSOL.
Julia has a strong interest in European matters, having previously studied in France and Germany, and worked at the European Parliament. She trained with Withers LLP, where she qualified as a solicitor of England & Wales in 2010. Julia joined Carey Olsen from another offshore litigation practice in 2017.Recent Briefings