Mathew Du Val
Mathew is a senior associate in the Jersey corporate group. He advises on a broad range of finance transactions, with a particular focus on restructuring and corporate rescue (including debt-for-equity transactions), enforcement, insolvency, acquisition finance, fund finance and real estate finance as well as corporate and regulatory matters, economic substance and Jersey property unit trusts.
Representative transactions include advising:
- the ad hoc group of creditors in relation to the debt-for-equity restructuring of Pizza Express, the UK and international casual dining group
- the creditors committee in relation to the c.£200 million debt restructuring of FatFace, a UK-headquartered apparel retail business
- the ad hoc group of creditors in respect of the restructuring of a "household name" UK retailer
- the lenders and initial purchasers in respect of super senior revolving credit facilities and related bond issuances for Domestic & General Group
- a UK government agency in connection with Jersey bank account security to be granted by licensed entities
- a satellite technology group in respect of the establishment of a Jersey holding structure and related financing
- the bidder in the financing of a public takeover of a Swedish-listed company incorporated in Switzerland
- the lenders in respect of the restructuring and US$1bn refinancing of the holding structure for two offshore oil drilling rigs
- the lenders to Syncreon in respect of short-term liquidity financing and long-term exit financing
- the ad hoc committee of creditors and the company in connection with the financial restructuring of Doncasters Group.
Mathew joined Carey Olsen in 2019, having previously worked in Jersey and Guernsey for another leading offshore law firm. He qualified as an advocate of the Royal Court of Jersey in 2013.Recent Briefings