Olga is an associate in Carey Olsen's British Virgin Islands (BVI) litigation and insolvency team. She advises clients on BVI aspects of a variety of multi-jurisdictional contentious commercial and insolvency matters and has particular experience advising in respect of shareholder and partnership disputes, breaches of fiduciary duties and corporate disputes, general contractual and tortious matters and asset tracing. She has particular expertise in injunctive measures (prohibitory, freezing and proprietary injunctions, as well as Norwich Pharmacal applications) and forum/jurisdiction challenges. Olga is a fluent Russian and French speaker and often advises clients from these cultural backgrounds.
Recent experience includes:
- Successfully obtaining an injunction against a BVI company prohibiting it from e-hosting a defamatory article against a high net worth individual client;
- Advising clients in the context of BVI insolvency proceedings of funds involved in the Bernie Madoff ponzi scheme;
- Obtaining Norwich Pharmacal relief against a BVI registered agent in support of multi-jurisdictional marital proceedings;
- Advising in relation to a multi-million dollar dispute spanning London, New York, Florida and BVI Courts pertaining to the ownership of an ultra-luxury group of hotels; and
- Advising a client in relation to an International Tax Authority request for information disclosure.
Olga frequently undertakes business development trips to Europe and Russia/CIS and has presented at conferences on the subject of asset tracing, Norwich Pharmacal and injunctive relief.
Prior to joining Carey Olsen in April 2017, Olga was an associate in the Commercial Dispute Resolution and International Arbitration team in Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP's London office and undertook secondments to the firm's Paris and Geneva offices. She has significant arbitration experience and draws on her broad, multi-jurisdictional disputes practice in London acting for clients in the Financial Services, Energy, Oil and Gas, Retail, Pharmaceutical and Transport sectors.
Olga has a Bachelor of Science degree in Neuroscience from Bates College, Maine, USA, and worked in academia and the pharmaceutical industry in Boston, USA, until 2007. She re-qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2012 (currently non-practising) and was admitted to practice in the BVI in May 2017.Recent Briefings