Tim is an associate in the dispute resolution and litigation team in Guernsey, where he specialises in complex trust and commercial disputes. He also has extensive experience in shareholder and director disputes, cross-border commercial contract disputes, and financial crime and regulatory matters.
Tim's recent work includes:
- Advising beneficiaries of a trust holding a multi-million dollar trading business and a property portfolio worth in excess of £100 million in a highly sensitive Public Trustee v Cooper application;
- Acting for a corporate trustee and its directors in successfully defending multiple claims to the value of around £30 million;
- Acting for a Luxembourg-based company in a complex breach of contract claim involving a multitude of entities based in Guernsey, Europe, Asia and the Caribbean;
- Acting for the directors of a Pan-European company in complex litigation, including claims for breach of fiduciary duties, breach of contract and conspiracy to defraud the company; and
- Acting for the directors of a U.S. company in a complex regulatory dispute worth over $20 million and involving a major global bank.
Tim is an affiliate member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and holds Postgraduate qualifications in International Business Law and Trust Disputes.
Tim qualified as a solicitor of England & Wales in December 2012, before moving to a commercial firm in Melbourne where he advised clients on a broad range of commercial disputes. Tim joined another offshore litigation practice in Guernsey in 2014, before making his move to Carey Olsen in August 2017.Recent Briefings