This policy explains how cookies are used on Carey Olsen's website in general - and, below, how you can control the cookies that may be used on this site (not all of them are used on every site).
We may collect information automatically when you visit the Website, using cookies.
The cookies allow us to identify your computer and find out details about your last visit.
You can choose, below, not to allow cookies. If you do, we can't guarantee that your experience with the Website will be as good as if you do allow cookies.
The information collected by cookies does not personally identify you; it includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the Internet e.g. operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the Website and your location.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. Remember that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites.
Types of cookie that may be used during your visit to the website
The following types of cookie are used on this site. We don't list every single cookie used by name - but for each type of cookie we tell you how you can control its use.
1. Necessary cookies
These are required in order for the website to function properly. For instance, where our websites run on more than one server, we may use a cookie to ensure that you are sent information by one specific server (otherwise you may log in or out unexpectedly). Or we may use a cookie to manage your website session.
These cookies cannot be turned off individually but you could change your browser setting to refuse all cookies (see above) if you do not wish to accept them.
2. Analytics cookies
These monitor how visitors move around the Website and how they reached it. This is used so that we can see total (not individual) figures on which types of content users enjoy most, for instance.
You can opt out of these if you want by clicking 'Manage my cookie settings' above.
3. Third-party service cookies
Social sharing, video and other services we offer are run by other companies. These companies may drop cookies on your computer when you use them on our site or if you are already logged in to them.
You can prevent these cookies by disabling third party cookies in your browser, or by opting out via the respective platform's website.
Questions and contact information
If you have any questions in relation to this notice please contact our group information security and data protection officer at one of the addresses listed below or by emailing [email protected].
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes. We last updated this policy on 20 January 2022.
Carey Olsen Group entities
- Carey Olsen Bermuda Limited, of Rosebank Centre, 5th Floor, 11 Bermudiana Road, Pembroke HM 08, Bermuda, a limited liability company incorporated in Bermuda, approved and recognised under the Bermuda Bar (Professional Companies) Rules 2009, carrying on Bermuda legal services ("Carey Olsen Bermuda");
- Carey Olsen (BVI) L.P., of Rodus Building, P.O. Box 3093, Road Town, Tortola, VG1110, British Virgin Islands, a British Virgin Islands limited partnership carrying on BVI legal services ("Carey Olsen BVI");
- Carey Olsen Cayman Limited, of Willow House, Cricket Square, P.O. Box 10008, Grand Cayman, KY1-1001, Cayman Islands, a body corporate recognised under the Legal Practitioners (Incorporated Practice) Regulations, 2006 (as revised) of the Cayman Islands, carrying on Cayman Islands legal services, ("Carey Olsen Cayman");
- the Guernsey limited liability partnership known as Carey Olsen (Guernsey) LLP of Carey House, Les Banques, St Peter Port, Guernsey GY1 4BZ, carrying on Guernsey, Alderney and Sark legal services (the "Guernsey Partnership");
- the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China ("Hong Kong") limited liability partnership known as Carey Olsen Hong Kong LLP of Suite 3610-13 Jardine House, 1 Connaught Place, Hong Kong SAR, carrying on BVI and Cayman legal services (the "Hong Kong Partnership");
- Carey Olsen Jersey LLP, registered as a limited liability partnership in Jersey with registered number 80, of 47 Esplanade, St Helier, Jersey JE1 0BD, carrying on Jersey legal services (the "Jersey Partnership");
- the limited liability partnership known as Carey Olsen LLP of Forum St. Paul's, 33 Gutter Lane, London, EC2V 8AS carrying on Jersey, Guernsey, Cayman Islands and BVI legal services (the "London Partnership"); and
- the Singapore limited liability partnership known as Carey Olsen Singapore LLP of 10 Collyer Quay #29-10, Ocean Financial Centre, Singapore 049315, registered in Singapore (registration number T15LL1127K) with limited liability and carrying on BVI and Cayman Islands legal services (the "Singapore Partnership").