Kieran Ogilvie is an associate in our commercial property team in Guernsey.
Kieran has extensive experience advising on a wide range of commercial property matters with a particular focus on commercial leasing (for both landlord and tenant), property development, property finance, property investment, and the property aspects of corporate transactions having acted on many high-profile acquisitions. Particular project experience includes:
- acting for a large public body in a UK wide lease renewal project for over 300 office buildings – the portfolio value exceeded £400 million.
- providing property support for a US corporate acquisition involving a target company with an annual revenue of circa $3 billion.
- advising on the property aspects in the purchase of the business and assets of a UK energy efficiency provider, involving the surrender and grant of numerous commercial leases for office and industrial units.
- acting for one of the largest landowners in Scotland, advising on numerous renewable energy developments, ranging from micro hydro schemes to some of the largest on shore wind developments in the UK.
- advising some of the largest natural resource explorers in the UK, with a focus on gold exploration and mining.
Kieran has specialised in commercial property since qualifying as a solicitor in 2014, having trained at one of Scotland's largest firms, Harper Macleod LLP, before moving to Shoosmiths LLP in Edinburgh working in one of the largest real estate practices in the UK. He moved offshore in 2019 to continue his commercial property practice with Carey Olsen in Guernsey. Kieran is also a member of the Law Society of Scotland.
Kieran completed his Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) at the University of Glasgow where he graduated with First Class Honours in 2011, before completing his Diploma in Legal Practice at the University of Edinburgh in 2012.Recent Briefings