Kieran Ogilvie is a senior associate in our commercial property team in Guernsey.
Kieran has extensive experience advising on a wide range of commercial property matters with a particular focus on commercial leasing (for both landlord and tenant), property development, property finance, property investment, and the property aspects of corporate transactions having acted on many high-profile acquisitions. Particular project experience includes:
- acting in the sale of a premium office building in Guernsey in 2019 for circa £60m, the largest office sale in the Island's history, and then in 2021 in the purchase of another premium office building on Island for circa £55m, the second largest office sale on record for the Island.
- acting in a number of high value property financing and securitisation mandates, that include taking security over one of the largest multi-let retail complexes in Guernsey.
- acting in the purchase of a portfolio of hotels in Guernsey, that included some of the largest and longest standing hotel operations on the Island.
- providing property support for a number of M&A transactions on Island, as well as in the UK, and in particular acting on a US corporate acquisition involving a target company with an annual revenue of circa $3 billion.
- acting for a large public body in a UK wide lease renewal project for over 300 office buildings – the portfolio value exceeded £400 million.
- acting for one of the largest landowners in Scotland, advising on numerous renewable energy developments, ranging from micro hydro schemes to some of the largest on shore wind developments in the UK.
Kieran has specialised in commercial property since qualifying as a solicitor in 2014. He practised with Shoosmiths LLP in the UK before moving offshore in 2019 to continue his commercial property practice with Carey Olsen in Guernsey. Kieran is also a member of the Law Society of Scotland.
Kieran completed his Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) at the University of Glasgow where he graduated with First Class Honours in 2011, before completing his Diploma in Legal Practice at the University of Edinburgh in 2012.