Arindam is a member of the investment funds and corporate team in Jersey and specialises in advising on investment funds matters. He also advises clients on corporate real estate and banking matters.
He advises funds, fund managers, corporates and other financial institutions on all aspects of establishment, regulation and operation in Jersey. In particular, Arindam has advised on several high profile fund formation matters, and regularly advises fund managers and corporates on co-investments, portfolio acquisitions, corporate reorganisations (including migrations and mergers) and financing matters.
Representative transactions include advising:
- Nordic Capital on their latest flagship fund, Nordic Capital Fund X, which closed at €6.1 billion.
- FSN Capital on their latest mid-market flagship fund, FSN Capital VI, which closed at €1.8 billion.
- Capvis AG on the disposal of the remaining portfolio of Capvis Equity III to a new Capvis-managed continuation structure. The transaction was co-led by Committed Advisors SAS and Eurazeo IM.
- Nordic Capital on acquisition of ADVANZ PHARMA.
- Appian Capital on the US$775 million launch of second mining fund.
- Capvis on acquisition of majority stake in leading CRM provider, BSI Business Systems Integration AG.
- Hollyport Capital on US$1 billion secondaries fund.
- Nordic Capital on their latest flagship fund, Nordic Capital Fund IX, which closed at €4.3 billion.
- Nordic Capital on the disposal of nine unlisted companies by Nordic Capital Fund VII (a 2008 vintage fund) to a new regulated Jersey vehicle, Nordic Capital CV1. Coller Capital acted as lead investor in the €2.5 billion transaction, which was fully underwritten by Coller Capital’s seventh fund and Goldman Sachs Asset Management's Vintage Funds.
- Capvis, European mid-market private equity firm, on Capvis Equity V, their latest flagship which raised just under €1.2 billion.
- Kreos Capital on its flagship fund, Kreos Capital VI. Fund VI. The debt fund has secured €700 million of committed capital.
- Chancerygate and JR Capital on launch of multi-let industrial fund.
Prior to joining Carey Olsen as an associate in 2014, Arindam worked for Slaughter and May in London and at Indian law firm Trilegal's Mumbai office. He was also seconded to a large Jersey based hedge fund as in-house counsel in 2015-16.
He qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales and as an Advocate in India in 2013.