David is a senior associate in the Jersey corporate group. His practice focuses on private equity, M&A, equity capital markets, financial services regulation, REIT structuring and other corporate and financing transactions.
Representative transactions include advising:
- Jersey Development Company (the States of Jersey owned company which is responsible for completing the development of the St. Helier Waterfront) on the £43.7m sale of the IFC 1 office building.
- Nordic Capital on the disposal of nine portfolio investments by Fund VII to a new continuation vehicle in a €2.5 billion transaction.
- Nordic Capital on various portfolio investments, divestments and reorganisations, including the acquisition of Orchid Orthopaedic Solutions, ERT and Acino and the partial exit from ConvaTec.
- The secured creditors of Concordia International Corp. in a US$3.7 billion recapitalisation and restructuring.
- GIC as majority stakeholder on its JV with GSA for the acquisition of UK and German student accommodation portfolios.
- Align17, a new digital investment platform focusing on the UN's Sustainable Development Goals launched at the World Economic Forum in Davos in 2018.
- Apax Partners LLP in the sale of a significant minority interest in GlobalLogic to Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and the subsequent disposal to Partners Group.
- Bridgepoint on the MBO of the Appleby Fiduciary & Administration Business (now Estera) and the acquisition of Moneycorp.
- Canary Wharf Group on the sale and acquisition of 10 Upper Bank Street, London and the regeneration of the Wood Wharf Estate, London.
- Wellcome Trust on the establishment of the Vero Group, a student accommodation joint venture with Goldman Sachs and Greystar, and advising the Vero Group on various following transactions.
- Cora Gold, XLMedia, Stride Gaming, SafeCharge International and Sanne Group on their AIM/LSE Main Market IPOs.
David joined Carey Olsen in 2010, having trained and qualified as a solicitor in Scotland with Shepherd and Wedderburn LLP. He read Law at the University of Glasgow (2007) and obtained the Diploma in Legal Practice from the Glasgow Graduate School of Law (2008).
He is an Advocate of the Royal Court of Jersey and also a member of the Law Society of Scotland (Solicitor; currently non-practising).Recent Briefings