Katrina advises on a broad range of corporate, funds, banking and financing matters.
During her three years at the Carey Olsen Jersey office, she acted on a number of high profile transactions, including the establishment of the largest real estate fund to be listed on the London Stock Exchange. In addition to working with global financial institutions and leading international law firms, Katrina also worked closely with local businesses, advising on various matters relating to Jersey property unit trusts, limited partnerships and protected or incorporated cell companies.
Katrina relocated to the Carey Olsen BVI office in 2016 and has developed a diverse practice in advising clients from around the globe on BVI corporate, financing, security enforcement, restructuring, insolvency and regulatory matters.
Most recently, she has acted:
- on the buyer side in respect of the joint venture acquisition of 22 BVI companies;
- for the borrower group in respect of its entry into a GBP140million loan facility;
- for a minority investor in respect of their participation in a Series A round of financing in a BVI start-up company;
- for a lender in advising on voidable transaction issues in relation to group restructurings; and
- on the BVI elements of the proposed continuation of over 40 BVI companies to Jersey.
Katrina completed her legal traineeship with Brodies LLP and qualified as a solicitor in Scotland in 2013.
She obtained a first class LLB Honours from Strathclyde University in Glasgow and completed the Diploma in Legal Practice at the University of Glasgow.
Katrina was admitted as a Solicitor of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (BVI) on 17 January 2017.Recent Briefings