Mark is a senior associate in Carey Olsen's Jersey office.
His practice spans a broad range of corporate and finance law with particular focus on banking & finance, investment funds, private M&A and corporate structuring.
Examples of the type of matters on which Mark advises his clients include:
- establishment and structuring of private companies, Jersey property unit trusts, limited partnerships, JV arrangements and employee benefit trusts;
- establishment and on-going operation of investment funds, including expert funds and Jersey private funds;
- advice on various aspects of carried interest fund structures;
- acting for borrowers/lenders in connection with high-value third party lending, including real estate financing, acquisition financing and fund financing;
- migrations of companies to/from Jersey;
- listings on The International Stock Exchange (TISE); and
- general corporate restructuring advice.
Mark joined Carey Olsen in 2014, having trained and qualified as a solicitor with UK law firm Shepherd and Wedderburn LLP.
He obtained the LL.B (Honours) from the University of Glasgow in 2011, incorporating a period of study at the University of Rotterdam, Netherlands. Thereafter, he completed the Diploma in Legal Practice at Glasgow Graduate School of Law.