Nick is a senior associate in the Jersey office of Carey Olsen. His practice focuses on debt finance, in particular acquisition finance, bridge finance, real estate finance, structured finance, asset finance and restructurings.
Nick has been involved in the following representative matters:
- Advising Ulster Bank on Waterland's investment in the Silver Stream Healthcare Group.
- Advising Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc in relation to a £200m facility to a UK real estate property fund.
- Advising JPMorgan in relation to a circa £250m limited recourse structured collateralised financing arrangement with a Jersey counterparty.
- Representing the SGG Group in relation to the first and second lien debt financing of the acquisition of the First Names Group and the bolt-on acquisitions of Augentius and Lawson Conner, resulting in the newly combined business becoming the world’s fourth-largest provider of trust, corporate, and fund services.
- Advising the Stars Group on the debt financing aspects of its acquisition of Sky Betting & Gaming, owner of brands such as Sky Bet, Sky Casino and Sky Poker.
- Advising Strategic Value Partners on the debt financing aspects of its acquisition of Vita Group from TPG.
- Acting for the mandated lead arrangers, including HSBC and UBS, on the financing to facilitate L1Retail's £1.8bn acquisition of Holland & Barrett.
Nick joined Carey Olsen in 2017, having previously worked with Addleshaw Goddard and having also spent 5 years working in various commercial roles with RBS.
He is qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales and was educated at William Hulme's Grammar School, the University of Oxford (St. Catherine's College), the University of Manchester and BPP Law School.