Sarah-Jane is a senior associate in Carey Olsen's Trusts and Private Wealth team. She advises individuals, trustees and family offices on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious matters in the private wealth context.
Recent notable work includes:
- Advising the trustees in multi-jurisdictional proceedings concerning the validity of a transfer of assets to a trust
- Establishing a business succession planning structure for UHNW entrepreneurial clients to hold their high-profile international business
- Acting for the beneficiaries of a complex multi-trust structure in a dispute concerning the construction of the trust deeds
- Restructuring a complicated family trust structure and private investment vehicle
- Acting for the trustees in an application for the blessing of a momentous decision
Before joining Carey Olsen, Sarah-Jane was in-house legal counsel for HSBC Trust and Fiduciary Services based in Jersey. Sarah-Jane trained in London at Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner before qualifying into the firm's Private Wealth practice in 2017. She also previously worked as an associate in the International Trusts and Private Client team at Mourant, Guernsey.
Sarah-Jane was admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2017.