Xia Li 李夏
Xia is counsel in our Dispute Resolution and Litigation practice. Xia specialises in complex corporate and commercial litigation, shareholders' disputes, fraud and investigatory matters and insolvency and restructuring matters in jurisdictions including the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands and Bermuda.
Xia is experienced in advising clients on regulatory compliance and corporate governance issues. She has extensive experience handling high value dispute resolution matters for clients across the region, spanning a broad range of sectors, including banking and financial services, gaming and entertainment, construction and insurance.
Xia is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese and is proficient in Dutch and French.
From 2018 to 2020, Xia worked in the Cayman Islands and the British Virgin Islands, gaining significant experience on a variety of litigation, arbitration, restructuring and trusts matters.
Recent experience includes advising:
- A Hong Kong listed company on the appointment of 'soft touch' provisional liquidators in a contested matter, together with the promotion of a subsequent restructuring plan
- Various liquidations of Hong Kong listed companies incorporated in Bermuda, with experience representing liquidators/provisional liquidators and creditors
- A UK listed company for its successful onshoring from the Cayman Islands to the UK, implemented by way of a Cayman Islands scheme of arrangement and associated capital reduction
- Parallel funds in relation to seeking directions from the Cayman Islands courts regarding the distribution of assets
- A trust on its trust administration and disclosure proceedings in the Cayman Islands
- A fund in insolvency in its Privy Council proceedings in relation to the appeal of a Cayman Islands Court of Appeal decision on the commencement of related New York proceedings
- A fund on its Cayman Islands seated arbitration using AAA Rules on a professional negligence matter
- A major Chinese alternative asset management firm on a Cayman Islands expert opinion for CIETAC arbitration proceedings
- A major PRC manufacturing group on BVI Court litigation and Hong Kong arbitration strategy and legal advice
Prior to joining Carey Olsen, Xia practised as a dispute resolution specialist at another leading offshore law firm, in top US law firms and a 'Magic Circle' English law firm. She has worked in multiple major legal and financial centres, including London, New York, Beijing, Singapore and Hong Kong.
She graduated with a Law degree with honours from Robinson College, Cambridge University, attending on a full scholarship.
Xia was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales in 2009, as an attorney at law in the Cayman Islands in 2018, as a solicitor of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands) in 2018, and as a Registered Associate of Bermuda in 2021. In addition, Xia was also admitted as a lawyer of Hong Kong in 2016 (currently non-practising) and New York in 2017 (currently non-practising).
在加入凯瑞奥信之前，李律师曾在另外一家顶尖离岸律师事务所，以及在美国顶级律师事务所和英国 “Magic Circle” 律师事务所担任争议解决专家。她曾在多个主要法律和金融中心工作，包括伦敦，纽约，北京，新加坡和香港。