Guy is head of the corporate law team in Jersey and one of Jersey's most experienced mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring and equity capital markets lawyers.
His practice covers a wide range of corporate law, including mergers and acquisitions (M&A), IPO and equity capital market advice, private equity transactions and special corporate situations. He has worked on most of the significant corporate transactions and structures that have had a substantial Jersey element over the last ten years.
More specifically, Guy has particular expertise in advising on the legal aspects of schemes of arrangement (including scheme challenges), board proxy contests, shareholder disputes, complex cross-border acquisition structures, US and UK capital market advice, and private equity funding and shareholding structures. As such, an important part of his practice requires close cooperation with the Carey Olsen litigation team and the English bar.
Guy is a non-executive director of The International Stock Exchange (TISE).
Significant transactions include:
- Schemes of Arrangement
- Barrick Gold Corporation's acquisition of Randgold Resources
- Delphi Automotive's acquisition by Borg Warner
- CPA Global (acting for ICG group on its purchase and subsequent sale of CPA by scheme)
- Acquisition of FRM by MAN Group plc (complex class composition issues)
- Colfax's acquisition of Charter International plc
- LXB Retail Properties plc (schemes of arrangement and reconstruction)
- Private Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Various acquisitions and disposals acting on behalf of Sanne Group plc
- Liberty Media Corporation/Formula One Group
- Various acquisitions and disposals on behalf of listed UK and international banks
- Representative clients include:
- Nordic Capital Funds
- Sanne Group plc
- JTC Group plc
- Aptiv plc
- Delphi Technologies plc
- Apax Partners
- Delphi Automotive
- Bridgepoint Advisers
- Link Asset Services
- Rio Tinto
- Stride Gaming plc
- Canada Pension Plan
- Wentworth Resources
Before moving to Jersey in 2005, Guy practiced corporate law in London with Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (UK) LLP.
He is a graduate of McGill University (BA) (Hons) and the University of Cambridge (LLB) (Hons).