Helen Wang 王怡佶
Helen TEP is a partner in our litigation, insolvency and restructuring practice in Singapore. She specialises in complex commercial litigation, shareholder disputes, estate and private clients related disputes, fraud and investigatory cases and insolvency and restructuring matters. She is a native speaker of Cantonese and Mandarin and fluent in English.
Helen has extensive experiences advising clients on cross-border litigation and handling high value disputes, covering a broad range of sectors, including banking and financial services, energy and resources, insurance and high net-worth individuals.
Helen has been listed as a Rising Star in The Legal 500 Asia 2023 Guide. She has also been named in the Asian Legal Business (ALB) 2023 Offshore Client Choice List and Top 10 Offshore Litigators.
Clients have praised Helen for being "extremely personable, super responsive and hard working" and for her "excellent legal knowledge and commercial sense."
As an active supporter of advancing women's interest in the legal community, Helen is a committee member on the IWIRC Diversity Inclusion and Belonging Committee and International Programming Committee. She is also the Asia lead of Carey Olsen's Women's Network which aims to facilitate meaningful collaboration and support amongst women across the firm and provide a framework to help women at Carey Olsen build on their talents and achieve their potential. Helen is also a full TEP member of The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
- Acting for a Cayman Islands Listco with a market cap in excess of USD1 billion in a long-drawn shareholder dispute.
- Acting for shareholders of the Cayman holdco of a multimillion dollar renewable energy business in a contentious just and equitable winding up petition in the Cayman Islands Courts.
- Acting for a number of limited partners of a Cayman Islands exempted limited partnership in an action before the Cayman Islands Courts for a winding up of the partnership on the just and equitable ground.
- Acting for a minority shareholder in a power plant business in winding up proceedings in the courts of the BVI, which involve multiple proceedings across different jurisdictions and consideration of the principles applied by the BVI Court when dealing with an application for a stay of a winding up application on the just and equitable ground pending arbitration proceedings.
- Acting for a number of major creditors in the liquidation of a major cryptocurrency hedge fund
- Acting for a major cryptocurrency lender in its restructuring
Before moving offshore, Helen trained and qualified as a litigator of a magic circle firm and practised there for over a decade. Helen had worked in Hong Kong, Singapore and London office of Clifford Chance, advising on various complex and high profile disputes.
Helen holds a first class honours law degree awarded by The University of Hong Kong and Bachelor of Civil Law awarded by University of Oxford. She is admitted in Hong Kong (also as a solicitor advocate) and England & Wales. She is also admitted as a solicitor of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands) and a registered Bermuda practitioner
王怡佶律师 (Helen Wang) TEP现任凯瑞奥信争议解决和诉讼业务的合伙人。她擅长处理复杂的商业诉讼、股东争议、遗产和私人客户相关的争议、欺诈调查以及破产重组事宜。王律师的母语为普通话和广东话，也掌握流利的英文。
王律师的执业实力倍受认可，并获选为《法律500强》（The Legal 500）2023年度亚太地区“后起之秀（Rising Stars）”，同时入选了 2023 年《亚洲法律杂志》（ALB）的“离岸客户选择榜单”，荣列离岸诉讼律师10强。
王律师是IWIRC国际女性破产重组协会多元与包容委员会和国际项目委员会成员，也在亚洲带领凯瑞奥信的女性网络，致力于促进凯瑞奥信女性员工之间的切实协作。同时，王律师也是信托与遗产执业者协会专业（The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners）（STEP）的正式会员。
在加入离岸法律业界之前，王律师在一家英国“Magic Circle”顶尖律所接受过培训、取得诉讼律师资格并执业超过十年。王律师曾就职于高伟绅律师事务所(Clifford Chance)的香港、新加坡及伦敦办公室，就各类复杂且备受关注的争议提供法律意见。