Kate is a committed lawyer with excellent technical skills and strong client relationships. She advises on a broad range of finance transactions and her clients include private equity sponsors, banks and alternative capital providers, and large and small corporates.
Kate has over 20 years' experience specialising in complex acquisition finance transactions including advising on the Jersey elements of private placements and high yield bond issuances. Kate has a significant NY-led fund finance practice and also advises on financial restructurings.
Kate is rated as a Leading Lawyer - Highly regarded in IFLR1000 2019.
Kate's recent transactions include advising:
- advising JPMorgan in relation to (approximately) £250m limited recourse structured collateralised financing arrangements with a Jersey counterparty
- a private equity sponsor on the acquisition of European logistics business
- a private equity sponsor on the acquisition of a significant loan portfolio
- a Korean pension fund in relation to the acquisition of various UK commercial properties
- the lenders in relation to financing the acquisition of a leading intellectual property technology company
- a private equity sponsor in relation to the acquisition of a fund and corporate service provider
- the lenders in relation to financing the acquisition of a financial services company
- the secured party in relation to enforcement of Jersey law security
- a peer to peer lender on numerous secured transactions
- the secured creditors of Concordia International Corp. in a US$3.7 billion recapitalisation and restructuring.
Kate joined Carey Olsen in 2013 and became a Jersey advocate in February 2016. She previously worked in London, first with Clifford Chance and then with White & Case before joining Norton Rose. She also completed secondments at two investment banks. Kate's onshore experience has given her the ability to deliver a city service of the highest standard.Recent Briefings