Kate is a committed lawyer with excellent technical skills and strong client relationships. She advises on a broad range of finance transactions and her clients include private equity sponsors, banks and alternative capital providers, and large and small corporates.
Kate has over 20 years' experience specialising in complex acquisition finance transactions including advising on the Jersey elements of private placements and high yield bond issuances. Kate has a significant NY-led fund finance practice and also advises on financial restructurings.
Kate is rated as a Leading Lawyer - Highly regarded in IFLR1000 2019.
Kate's recent transactions include advising:
- Ulster Bank on Waterland's investment in the Silver Stream Healthcare Group
- Strategic Value Partners (SVP) in its acquisition of Vita Group from TPG
- the Stars Group on the debt financing aspects of its acquisition of Sky Betting & Gaming, owner of brands such as Sky Bet, Sky Casino and Sky Poker
- the first lien lenders and the second lien lenders in the financing for the acquisition of First Names Group by SGG Group
- Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc in relation to a £200m facility to a UK real estate property fund
- JPMorgan in relation to (approximately) £250m limited recourse structured collateralised financing arrangements with a Jersey counterparty
- a private equity sponsor on the acquisition of European logistics business
- a private equity sponsor on the acquisition of a significant loan portfolio
- a Korean pension fund in relation to the acquisition of various UK commercial properties
- the lenders in relation to financing the acquisition of a leading intellectual property technology company
- a private equity sponsor in relation to the acquisition of a fund and corporate service provider
- the lenders in relation to financing the acquisition of a financial services company
- the secured party in relation to enforcement of Jersey law security
- a peer to peer lender on numerous secured transactions
- the secured creditors of Concordia International Corp. in a US$3.7 billion recapitalisation and restructuring
- the mandated lead arrangers, including HSBC and UBS, on the financing to facilitate L1Retail's £1.8bn acquisition of Holland & Barrett.
Kate joined Carey Olsen in 2013 and became a Jersey advocate in February 2016. She previously worked in London, first with Clifford Chance and then with White & Case before joining Norton Rose. She also completed secondments at two investment banks. Kate's onshore experience has given her the ability to deliver a city service of the highest standard.Recent Briefings