Kate has over 20 years' experience of cross-border corporate finance transactions with particular experience in restructuring, acquisition finance, fund finance and real estate finance.
Kate has also been involved with a number of legislative proposals in Jersey.
Kate is ranked as a 'Leading Individual' by Legal500 and rated as a 'Leading Lawyer - Highly regarded' in IFLR1000 2019.
Kate has been described by Legal 500, alongside Simon Marks as 'two of the best practitioners in Jersey' and 'experts in the field who assist high-profile clients on multiple occasions. They stand out from other lawyers due to their ability to promptly resolve challenging issues with exceptional results'.
Kate's recent transactions include advising:
- The ad hoc committee of creditors and the company in connection with the financial restructuring of Doncasters Group
- The ad hoc committee of convertible bondholders of Steinhoff Finance Holding GmbH
- The ad hoc group of bondholders on the restructuring of bonds issued by Vieo B.V. and capital restructuring of Lebara Group
- The creditors of a "household name" UK retailer in relation to its administration and pre-pack acquisition with a related UK scheme of arrangement
- The lenders and initial purchasers in respect of a planned £1bn acquisition by CVC Fund VII from CVC Fund V of Domestic & General, which converted into a refinancing of the group by super senior revolving credit facilities and related senior and senior secured bond issuances
- A satellite technology group in respect of the establishment of a Jersey holding structure, entry into credit facilities and the issuance of a TISE-listed note
- The bidder in the financing of a public takeover of a Swedish-listed company incorporated in Switzerland, including the establishment of a Jersey holding structure and the entry into bridge financing, a bond issuance to refinance the bridge, and the listing of the bond
- The lenders in respect of the restructuring and US$1bn refinancing of the holding structure for two offshore oil drilling rigs
- The lenders to Syncreon, a warehousing and logistics group, in respect of short-term liquidity financing and long-term exit financing, involving layers of Jersey security and a related UK scheme of arrangement
- Ulster Bank on Waterland's investment in the Silver Stream Healthcare Group
- Strategic Value Partners (SVP) in its acquisition of Vita Group from TPG
- The Stars Group on the debt financing aspects of its acquisition of Sky Betting & Gaming, owner of brands such as Sky Bet, Sky Casino and Sky Poker
- The first lien lenders and the second lien lenders in the financing for the acquisition of First Names Group by SGG Group
- Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc in relation to a £200m facility to a UK real estate property fund
- JPMorgan in relation to (approximately) £250m limited recourse structured collateralised financing arrangements with a Jersey counterparty
- The secured creditors of Concordia International Corp. in a US$3.7 billion recapitalisation and restructuring
- The mandated lead arrangers, including HSBC and UBS, on the financing to facilitate L1Retail's £1.8bn acquisition of Holland & Barrett
- A private equity sponsor on the acquisition of European logistics business
- A private equity sponsor on the acquisition of a significant loan portfolio
- A Korean pension fund in relation to the acquisition of various UK commercial properties
- The lenders in relation to financing the acquisition of a leading intellectual property technology company
- A private equity sponsor in relation to the acquisition of a fund and corporate service provider
- The lenders in relation to financing the acquisition of a financial services company
- The secured party in relation to enforcement of Jersey law security
- A peer to peer lender on numerous secured transactions.
Kate joined Carey Olsen in 2013 and became a Jersey advocate in February 2016. She previously worked in London, first with Clifford Chance and then with White & Case before joining Norton Rose. She also completed secondments at two investment banks. Kate's onshore experience has given her the ability to deliver a city service of the highest standard.Recent Briefings