Tim is Counsel in Carey Olsen's Dispute Resolution and Insolvency team in London. He advises on all aspects of commercial, insolvency, and financial services litigation, including fraud claims, asset tracing, and shareholder disputes, as well as general contract and tort claims. Tim’s experience has included a wide range of interlocutory work, including in relation to applications for freezing orders, prohibitory injunctions, disclosure orders, and the appointment of receivers.
Tim also frequently acts for liquidators and Court-appointed officeholders, and regularly advises stakeholders on both contentious and non-contentious restructuring and insolvency mandates.
Tim advises on Cayman Islands and BVI law, and has a broad range of legal experience in the offshore and financial services industries.
Tim’s recent experience includes advising:
- Bondholders in a claim for fraudulent misrepresentation against, and a subsequent restructuring involving, Luckin Coffee Inc in respect of US$460m Convertible Bonds.
- PwC as the Joint Official Liquidators of Abraaj Holdings, and related insolvency officeholder litigation.
- A Liongate fund in a claim against its former directors.
- EY as the Joint Official Liquidators of PPC Limited and related companies.
- 318 individual plaintiffs in a claim against DMS Bank arising out of the Capital World Market fraud.
- PwC as the Joint Official Liquidators of Ardon Maroon Asia Dragon Feeder Fund.
Tim studied History at Magdalen College, Oxford. He was admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2013 and obtained Higher Rights of Audience in 2015. He was admitted as an attorney in the Cayman Islands in 2016, and as a solicitor advocate in the British Virgin Islands in 2022.
Prior to joining Carey Olsen in 2016, Tim was an associate in the dispute resolution practice in the London office of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP where he specialised in complex, multi-jurisdictional litigation and investigations and advised financial institutions and leading international companies on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious matters.
Tim is a member of INSOL, the Recovery and Insolvency Specialists Association (RISA), and the International Bar Association.