17 February 2022
Chambers Global recognition for 20 lawyers from Carey Olsen's Caribbean practices
Twenty lawyers and eight practice areas from Carey Olsen's Bermuda, British Virgin Islands (BVI) and Cayman Islands practices have been recognised in the 2022 edition of Chambers Global.
Among those recognised, Bermuda partner Keith Robinson continues to be ranked in Band 1 for dispute resolution and is described within the latest directory commentary as 'an excellent lawyer' and as someone with 'a lexicon of knowledge in his head which he is able to apply for all purposes in a succinct, accurate and timely way'.
The firm's 20 ranked lawyers are as follows (to view an individual's Chambers Global ranking in further detail, please click on their name below):
- Bermuda – Michael Hanson (Dispute Resolution), Steven Rees Davies (Corporate & Finance), Keith Robinson (Dispute Resolution), Mary Ward (Corporate & Finance; Insurance), Gavin Woods (Insurance) and Sheba Raza (Bermuda Law – Foreign Expertise)
- BVI – Jasmine Amaria (BVI Law – Foreign Expertise), Richard Brown (BVI Law – Foreign Expertise), Alex Hall Taylor QC (Dispute Resolution), Clinton Hempel (Corporate & Finance – Expertise Based Abroad), Elizabeth Killeen (Corporate & Finance including Investment Funds), Tim Wright (Dispute Resolution) and Simon Hall (Dispute Resolution)
- Cayman Islands – Jasmine Amaria (Cayman Islands Law – Foreign Expertise), Nick Bullmore (Corporate & Finance; Investment Funds), Sam Dawson (Dispute Resolution), Jarrod Farley (Corporate & Finance; Investment Funds), Richard Munden (Corporate & Finance), Denis Olarou (Dispute Resolution), Alistair Russell (Corporate & Finance) and Peter Sherwood (Dispute Resolution)
Practice areas from the firm's Caribbean offices to be featured in the latest edition of Chambers Global include the BVI dispute resolution team, which has improved its ranking and is considered as 'extremely experiences and adept at managing international litigation, and in terms of working across different jurisdictions'. Further praise for the firm includes the Cayman Islands dispute resolution team being singled out for its 'acute appreciation of the international dimension of cases', while the Bermuda office is described by an industry source as 'our number one choice in Bermuda across all practice areas'.
The firm's ranked practice areas in the Caribbean are as follows (to view a practice area's Chambers Global ranking in further detail, please click on the respective category below):
- Bermuda – Corporate & Finance; Dispute Resolution; Insurance
- BVI – Corporate & Finance including Investment Funds; Dispute Resolution
- Cayman Islands – Corporate & Finance; Dispute Resolution; Investment Funds
A leading reference and ranking guide for law firms and lawyers, rankings for Chambers and Partners' global edition are based on client feedback and the findings of wholly independent industry researchers.